.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

May 31, 2006

 

REP. KING (R-IA) CITES STATS - IRAQ IS SAFER THAN D.C.

.
I didn't know that D.C. Police only leave their stations in squads, heavily armed and in armored vehicles. I didn't know that they had to regularly call in air strikes to outgun their enemy and exit battle zones safely. Nor did I know that they had to establish safe perimeters around their living enclaves where they still receive sporadic mortar fire.

Twenty thousand dead or violently injured G.I.s and a knuckleheaded politician ( King ) tricks out some non representational statistics to say, "Hey folks, it's really not so bad in Iraq."

How many dead G.I.s per 100,000 population do you need, Mr. King?

I say. Sir, you go tell the parents of the dead and injured American troops that it's not really so bad in Iraq. I'm sure that they will immensely enjoy your statistical nonsense and no doubt equally praise your warped sense of respect and patriotism.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?